Monday, September 26, 2011

Project #2

Table Re-do

When I met my husband he had a coffee table and two end tables.  They are very "man" and "bachelor" looking.  When we bought our house, we sold the coffe table but no one wanted the end tables.  I tried selling them in 3 different garage sales and no one wanted them.  I had two wicker chairs that I brought into the marriage and we could never quite agree on where they should go.  While this furniture isn't outdoor furniture, thats where it has ended up thanks to my genious idea to turn them into outdoor furniture with a little help from some spray sealer, they are now weather proof and they look good in our back yard.

As you can tell the table is not real wood...

To get the primer to "grab" the table, I had to scuff it up a bit with sand paper....

Then I applied the primer.  Primer is always a good idea when painting.  It allows the painto colors to POP.

I painted the table the same color as the chairs.  A burnt orange.

The chairs have a hand-painted paisley design on them.  (Painted by my mom)  So, I painted a paisley on the top of the table to match.

Here it is with the chairs!


Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment