Thursday, September 22, 2011

Project #1 of 26, Part 1

Crocheted Mary Jane Baby Booties

When I found out I was pregnant, my husband decided to remodel the house. It started as a floor re-do and turned into a full fledged home upgrade.  While I agreed this needed to be done, I just wanted it to be done quickly and preferably before I gave birth.  I was 7 months pregnant and our house still wasn't done and I needed to nest.  So, I taught myself to crochet.  One of the first projects I did was a pair of baby booties.  It was easy and quick, only taking a hour from start to finish, so I made 7 pair.  Then my Ruby was born and she had huge feet.  None of the booties fit!  I made them for newborn feet and she did NOT have newborn feet.  I should have known from the constant pressure in my ribcage.  Instead of trashing them I gave them away as gifts to others who were having girls.  I haven't made a pair since because its been summer and hot and she didn't need them.  Since I now have a foot to measure and the weather is cooling off I will start with this project. 

This is all you need.  Stay tuned for the finished product!

Thank you for following me,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment